Sunday, February 15, 2009

How to mess with your husband

Max just got back from church. He goes with his friend, Dave.

I was reading Beth Moore's blog, finishing up the posts from women around the country and their favorite Valentine's Day memories, as well as her twice monthly post regarding scripture memorization verses.

I've loved reading these Valentine's memory posts ... it's good for us to remember how wonderful our husbands are, even when they are complete goofballs!

Max came up the steps, Leica bounded to meet him. He had two things in his arms. Lunch from Pepperjax (my very favorite place) and a box ... of ... DONUTS!!!

I truly have not had a cake donut in over 7 months. I've lamented it a couple of times, but in he walked with a special gift for me.

I started to sob. He looked at me in complete shock. "I didn't mean to make you cry!"

Oh honey, if you knew what I'd just been reading, you'd know that this was the final catalyst to the tears.

He's so good to me and I don't deserve it (sometimes I do - but not always).

Then, he told me that today was a beautiful day for photos. "Alright, then," I said. "Give me 15 minutes to get dressed and we're outta here!"

"Really? You'll go out today?"

Yesterday was kind of a bust for him. He really didn't like the photos that he took. We put my lunch in the fridge - I think another donut will keep me pretty well satisfied for the day. I'm dressed and about to pack my stuff back into my purse for another day on the road.

I love my husband. I love that he wants to spend time with me and I can't wait to hang out with him.

No comments: