Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bad blogger

I'm a bad blogger. But, I have an excuse for not getting anything more up this week. I've had 3 days of no computer at work. Monday ... nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero. Tuesday it was back up ... sort of. Ok, not really. He brought it back, and it had major problems. I couldn't get email to come into my inbox and I couldn't get the internet to work. Ok, begin checking the programs off one by one.

I was able to finish the newsletter - but only because I spent two hours Tuesday night at home working on it. I called the IT guys back. "It's time to wipe the drive, guys." They had cloned all of my information - and obviously had cloned the problems as well. So, poor Aaron came back and spent the afternoon with me. By the end of Wednesday, my computer was acting much more normally and I was getting closer. But, I couldn't sit in my office. I had rehearsals. I also had a million programs I had to reload as well as printer drivers, fonts and everything else.

Back to work at 7:15 this morning. I got the bulletin done in record time and spent the rest of the morning trying to make the computer my own again. I like things a certain way and it takes a little doing for me to get there. But, I'm almost done! Wheeeeeee!!!

I took Max to CompUSA to pick up his final checks this afternoon. Poor guy. It's all done ... for real now! He was pretty down, so I just took him back to work with me. We stopped and picked up the laptop and headed out to church. That was a mistake! I didn't get any work done. Everyone came in to chat with him and he 'held court'. What a riot. Actually, it was a lot of fun.

Ok, tomorrow Beth Moore will be in Omaha with Travis Cottrell leading worship. I can't wait! This is going to be an amazing weekend. I've had the tickets since last fall. I am not missing this! Worshipping with Travis Cottrell is one of the most powerful experiences I've ever been through. You just have no idea. He's a phenomenal musician and that excellence just pours out when he leads worship.

I'll tell you all about it!

1 comment:

Jacqniel said...

Sounds like you have had a week from work hell. At least you are almost back to normal!
Enjoy your concert - I am anxious to hear about it!