Sunday, August 26, 2007

Slowly I think ... step by step

Last night I ended up staying awake until 3:30 am. Reading Star Wars!!! I couldn't stop until everyone had been rescued, or killed (Grand Admiral Thrawn of the Empire) and put back in their proper places. Han Solo and Leia are married and she just gave birth to twins in this story - Jacen and Jaina. Ahhh ... the force is strong with them. I'm sorry ... it's just that I do love the plot lines available in that universe and some of the story tellers are just so good at what they do!

So, I slept in this morning ... missed church. It was alright - I don't feel too much like a heathen. And what little bit I do - well, I'll get over it.

I checked my Outlook at work though and saw on my calendar that I had a 3 hour rehearsal for Canticum Novum this afternoon. Whoops! That hadn't been on my radar all weekend. I really hadn't forgotten about it - just wasn't thinking about it. And THAT's why I have calendars and reminders all over the place. To rescue me from myself.

It was a terrific rehearsal. This group makes some really awesome music together. For me, it's a chance to play in the classical style again - things I actually have to practice a little bit to be able to perform. I accompany the group and Matt Hill directs it - he rocks as a director. Expects a lot from his singers and generally gets what he's asking from them!

However, because I had planned my day so badly, I didn't get a nap. I'm about to do that (which pretty much ensures I'll be up late again tonight). Max is out for dinner with Leonard and my eyes are drooping. It will be quiet for at least an hour. Bye bye!

No comments: