Thursday, April 03, 2008

Some of the good things in life

So ... I was too pooped last night (really? I don't remember being that exhausted) to write sensibly, but I have to tell you a story. It just filled up my heart.

Yesterday morning, Julie brought her son, Josh into the office. Now, Josh is 4 years old and one of my favorite little boys. He comes flying into see me on a regular basis, since he attends the preschool downstairs. I generally get a hug and then he's off to play with some of my stuffed animals, or off to see someone else in the office that he loves, too. But, yesterday, he got up to my desk and said he had a present for me. He had his hands behind his back and when he brought them out, there was a can of cold Diet Mt. Dew for me! Now, this little boy noticed that I like green pop! He noticed! And he wanted to bring something for me. What a sweetie! I just about cried.

The best part, though was that Gregg was sitting across the desk from me. He called Josh over and tried to get that little boy to play a trick on me; to take away my pop and give it to Gregg. That completely confused Josh. Why would he want to take something away from me that he had given to me? He looked at Gregg and said, "No, that's for her!" And then, promptly told his mom that tomorrow he would bring me a green pop and Gregg a red pop.

Don't you just have to say, 'awwwww'?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He loves you!
Julie