Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Made Up For It

That day that I had yesterday? I definitely made up for it today. I feel rather satisfied with myself!

I am not sure what happened to me over the last year, but cleaning this house and acting like a domestic goddess was definitely not anywhere in my attitude. I've managed to keep things at a livable pace, but just barely. I've just been overwhelmed by life! There is so much to write, so much to read, so much to listen to, so much to absorb.

I tend to get stall-foundered (yup, it's a madeup word, but one my mom made up and I've lived with for a long time) when I get overwhelmed. I shut down in several areas. One of the areas I tend to shut down is at home. It's a totally safe place here, I don't let people in ... I don't care what it looks like (not exactly true ... but, for the sake of this blog ...) and when I get in to the house, sometimes I just have to become a vegetable.

So ... the house pretty much went to hell. This morning I woke up early (7:30) and after a little bit of waking up, I started cleaning. By the time I went to Bible study tonight, I had the living room cleaned, the kitchen cleaned (scrubbed even) and me cleaned. The kitchen was a disaster and now it's scrubbed clean. It feels wonderful to have this done.

Tomorrow night I hope to attack the dining room and maybe the downstairs bathroom. One of my worst habits is the collecting of cardboard boxes. Good heavens, but I have trouble getting these damned things out of my house. I got rid of 4 rather large boxes today (oh heavens, plus 2 others -- sheesh, I even forget about them!) and as I glance into the dining room, I see a whole bunch more. Oh blech.

I also have a whole lot of memory stuff from dad. So, I am hoping that once I get the cleaning done around here, I'll be less stall-foundered and more ready to actually do some productive work - like scanning all of that memory stuff into the computer and passing the boxes of actual stuff off to Jim or Carol.

After Bible study tonight, I came home - put a few more things away and then treated myself to a home-brewed pedicure. It was just wonderful to soak my poor footsies in hot water. Now, they're all soft and fresh again. Yup ... it's been a good day and my body says that it is ready to relax and go to sleep. Good Night!

No comments: