Saturday, May 31, 2008

Twitter vs. Blogger

One or the other will always win. But, both can not win at the same time. I have absolutely no idea why, but it seems to be my reality. If I'm blogging well, then I find that I have twittered only once during the day. If I'm having fun on Twitter, then ... blogging doesn't occur. These two are not at all similar, except for the fact that they both require me to type words. Twitter is a 140 character maximum thought that should be random occurrences during the day. Blogger ... well, you know what that is.

I'm going through another of those 'life-crises' right now. Extreme frustration with my job and trying to pray through where God wants me to be. I know that my greatest desire is to be writing and making a living by doing that. Is that what God wants from me? Well ... it doesn't seem obvious yet.

Alison has taken the challenge of holding me accountable to some writing deadlines. If I'm going to be published, I suppose I need to have things to publish. If I'm ever going to have the freedom to write and actually make money doing that, I need to get off my lazy butt and get busy. (the best part about that sentence? I get to sit on my lazy butt to write! What a conundrum!)

Today is a great day. Max is in Kansas City with Leonard - doing all sorts of weird touristy things and going to baseball games. They'll have a blast. And the house is quiet. I have no responsibilities to him. I just have to take the dog outside every once in awhile. Oh, and my stomach is growling like crazy. I'm going to have to forage for food.

I just turned my music on (Alan Parsons Project - I, Robot). It is playing as loudly as I can make it. I love to listen to 70's / 80's ROCK (not pop). If I have to get dressed to go out and hunt down food, I'll be glad to do that, but otherwise ... I'm tucked into my rocking chair with fingers on the keyboard, or flipping through the pages of my Bible.

THIS is the life that I want... full-time. Anyone know any good publishers of Christian stuff?

1 comment:

Alison said...

Yes I am! Love you! - Alison