Saturday, May 31, 2008

Grey Cat

This crazy cat does not like it when I'm sitting at my desk and not hugging on him. He stands on the couch and makes a lot of noise at me when I have books spread out across the desk. The moment I gather them into a pile, he leaps on to the desk and snuggles into my arms. I've found out how to type around his body, but I have yet to figure out how to write in books or even flip through pages of my Bible while he is taking up 80% of the desktop. He is not a small cat!

Ichabod does not want to be relegated to a space beside me, he wants to be surrounded by my arms and then wants to be able to tuck his face between my chin and neck. He demands that I love him and that I share my body warmth with him.

It's hard for me to say no to him. When all he wants is love, how can I refuse that? I know that at some point he'll get over stimulated by my presence and he'll jump down from the desk and curl up in his chair. If that doesn't happen quickly enough I'll start messing with him until I annoy him and he leaves me.

How much more so is our Father in heaven? If I want to crawl in His lap for attention, He has infinite amounts of patience with me. He won't try to annoy me so that I leave Him. But, my poor mind will get over stimulated by His presence and I'll jump down from His lap and enter the uncomfortable world that I recognize and am familiar with.

Oh, God ... I want to be more comfortable and familiar with your presence than I am in this world. Remind me moment by moment that this is alien to me and that you are calling to me from a place that is greater than anything I can imagine.

No comments: