Monday, June 11, 2007

Are you kidding me?

So ... we drive back in to Estes Park late this afternoon and end up driving through the downtown area. I was trying to take in as much as possible. Looking for funky little restaurants, checking out the tourist traps and wondering about fun shopping. As I was scanning the store fronts, something caught my eye. I could NOT believe what I was seeing. I kept looking at it and looking at it, trying to decide if I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. Finally, I realized that YES! I was looking at Husker Haven. We had to come back to get a photograph of this. I was a bit astounded. But, scroll past this photo - there is more to the story!


Max and I went out to dinner at a cool little local place. I'm not one for reciting a menu, but when I saw that they had pan-grilled Rocky Mountain Stream Trout, I had to have that. It was amazing. After supper, we headed out to look for Husker Haven so that I could get a photo of it to share. We had come in on a different highway, so had to go around a little bit to find it. And as we were turning around in a plaza - you'll never believe what I saw there! It was more than incredible:



Yes, that's right. Not one, but TWO Big Red stores in the community of Estes Park. That's just nuts! (hehe) So, even when we think we're out of the state of Nebraska, I guess we're not!

1 comment:

Jacqniel said...

Too funny! They must do good business, though, or they wouldn't be open.
Your pictures on your previous blog look beautiful. I am jealous! I don't like being on the 'down'side of the road either, so you are not alone.
I had altitude sickness the last time I went to the Rockies with the Soul Seekers - and so did a lot of the kids. If fact we had three or four that passed out during our first concert in Denver! Drink that fluid and take a pain reliever - you will do fine. Hugs, Jacque