Saturday, October 13, 2007

Another Saturday

Max and I got up early this morning so that we could be ready to get to church early. There was a pet blessing happening. Lots of activity, an incredible amount of time and effort had gone into preparing for this day. Many volunteers had expended time and energy.

7:00 came awfully early. There were terrible thunderstorms last night and this household (among many others in the metro) did not sleep well. But, they had finally subsided and Leica was READY to go outside. The poor thing was wiggling and whining. Out we went and my phone rang. It was Jennie's ringtone ... hmmm ... I'm going to see her in a couple of hours - what's up!

I got back to my phone, picked up the voicemail and ... the Blessing was cancelled. I really thought she was kidding me, so I had to call her back. No, not kidding. Cancelled. I was torn between being quite thankful for having a few hours returned to my world and the fact that after so much energy, money and time had gone into this and so many people knew about it - there would be nothing! I am my father's daughter. Never let people down when they are counting on you.

A few phone calls later and I was ready for my day to wind back down and start later!

Max is off to the Nebraska football game today with a friend and I'm hanging out waiting for Carol to call. I'm supposed to help her install a grading program on a computer and then see if we can make the thing work well for her so that she will have grade reports done in a week or so. If I can do this over the internet with her and stay in the comfort of my own house, I'm certainly going to try that! I would love to have the day to myself (no husband, no activity) so that I can get some writing done.

It's a perfect day for that! The weather is cool, the sky is overcast - who wants to go anywhere! Not this girl.

So ... I'm off ... for awhile. I might be back if my brain gives me something entertaining or interesting to talk about. I have Hornsby playing in the background, a dog snuggled in blankets beside me, the television is off and I have thoughts rolling around in my mind. It's going to be a good day!

No comments: