Saturday, October 13, 2007

Slowly I Turn, Step by Step

There's an old vaudeville sketch that I would love to be able to quote, but since none of my friends have any clue what it is, I'm afraid it is totally lost on them.

The Three Stooges used it in a movie "Gents Without Cents", Abbott and Costello used it and I've also discovered it in an "I Love Lucy" episode.

If you love me (hehe), you'll learn this sketch enough so that I can feel comfortable repeating it and hopefully perpetuate the joke!

Here is the classic Stooges clip:

Now, here is the Abbott & Costello bit (the guy in the cell with Abbott is another old vaudevillian - Sid Fields):

I Love Lucy (I think this is Emmett Kelly with her!):

And just one more if you want to spend the time - Mike Douglas asked a 75 year old Moe Howard to be on his show.  This is awesome!  The woman ... Julie Newmar.  Good heavens, I'm getting old!

If you hear me say, "Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch ..." run for your life.  I might punch you in the eyes, rip open your shirt and beat you to the ground! (hehe)

No comments: