Monday, October 01, 2007

Sleepy ... with more day ahead of me

I generally treasure Monday evenings. In fact, the reason that I'm not in a bible study on Mondays is because I was actually going to try to do some writing in that time off. But, alas (reader be warned: whining is about to occur), I don't seem to be achieving a night off! Last Monday night I spent at Panera with Carol working on grading papers and building her mid-quarter progress reports. Tonight, I have a meeting. Argh. The problem is that I am busy practically every night of the week and I just get worn out after awhile!

I'm hanging out with all of these youngsters (if you aren't 35 yet, you are a youngster) and they have the energy and stamina to do all of these things day after day.

So, here it is 5:00 pm and I know that I have two hours before my evening meeting. Max is out messing around with a friend, I don't have a vehicle and I figure I may as well make the most of my time. I'll keep working. And I guess that I'm going to find myself whining! (hehe)

Enough of that ...

Last night I spent some time reading through the letters of Peter. I read through them and then began again, reading slowly. When I get through this reading, I want to tear them apart and see what is really going on.

I don't know that I've ever really READ through these letters. I've read passages in them and love them. But, as I get deeper and deeper into scripture, I yearn to KNOW these things inside and out. To make them part of my thoughts.

Psalm 119:11 "I have hidden your word in my heart"
Psalm 119:16 "I will not neglect your word."

The other book that I'm beginning to work through is Ezra (Old Testament). It is just so cool to see how God works in the lives of people to bring about His kingdom!

I'll let you know how it's going!

No comments: