Saturday, October 13, 2007

It Smells Like Fall!

I just took Leica back outside and as I was standing there, I experienced a joyful sensation - the smell of dried leaves and freshly mown grass. Ahhh ... it was fabulous!

Fall has always been my favorite time of the year. I love the crisp air and the smells that are associated with the changing of the season. I love football season and the excitement that it generates. I've always anticipated the new television series that will be starting up - and even though I am turning off the television, there are still a few that I'm enjoying this year. I enjoy new programs starting and old programs re-starting at church. It's just a great time of year for me.

Bread and potato chips no longer are at the mercy of humidity, food doesn't spoil within 15 minutes on my countertop.

I sleep better at night - the cool air moves through my home, I don't mind having a warm dog snuggling close to me or a rather large cat lying on top of me, my internal thermostat is much happier.

God blessed us with seasons and though I try to be thankful for all of His good things, I am not the person to come to when you want the summer season to be blessed. I whine, moan, and complain about heat all through the summer. In fact, I've even been whining and complaining a bit this fall because it feels as if summer is trying to hang on longer than it should! I will put up with the winter months and I will thrill to the freshness of spring, but when fall comes I light up and become the happy person I want to be all year!

A high of 65 degrees and a low of 37 degrees at night. That is my perfect weather. Right now? I'm in the middle of it. Ahhhh .... thank you Lord!

No comments: