Monday, December 24, 2007

Really? Again?

My uncle Art died today. He, my father and Uncle John were each other's best friends. His daughters say that his heart was broken when his two brothers died, but none of us were expecting this. This is a bit more difficult than I expected it would be.

However, God's hands are all over this family and I continue to pray that He will show His love to everyone that has been touched by my uncle's life.

Wow ... I've been sitting here for awhile trying to come up with words. I don't have very many right now and I've been simply sitting in silence. I'm awfully glad to not be alone there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daddy's heart was more than broken. He felt responsible because he was the oldest and always, always loved and felt responsible for his brothers. He was supposed to go with them, you know, and he opted not to. He was so sure if he went that things wouldn't have happened the way they did. To this day I mourn his loss and the loss of your father and Uncle John. Especially with Daddy, Christmas is hard now. I can honestly say I will never be the same. It was a fast loss of three of the most beautiful men on the face of the earth.

(And yes, I am slow. I am finally reading everything. It took a while to get here, but there you go.)