Saturday, December 01, 2007

Saturday morning

The ice prevailed and we didn't have a dress rehearsal this morning. That's cool. We'll get it covered tomorrow afternoon, albeit a little earlier than originally planned. For me, that meant that I didn't have to trade the warm terry cloth robe and slippers for a shower (no, you don't want to hang with me right now), sweat pants and shoes (ok, I'd wear all of the appropriate coverups).

Poor Leica was NOT happy about being outside this morning. She slipped and skittered down the back stoop to the grass, went as fast as possible and dashed (slipping and skittering) back into the relative warmth of the house (the temp is set at 65 degrees). While she dove under blankets, I checked email and watched the news/weather. Then, I waited for the call from Matt, our director, telling me that I didn't have to move out of the house today.

Fran and Leonard were at Hy-Vee last night and picked up hot dogs and buns for us (I love my friends). But, Max and I left those in the car. I'm wasn't worried about them staying cool, the outside temperature was taking care of that, but I did realize this morning that we had to get them if we wanted lunch. Max had to use iodized salt to start some of the melting - we were not prepared. Stop giggling ... you do what you have to do!

I've read the "Golden Compass" because I'm so annoyed with all of the stupid emails out there trying to get people to boycott the movie. Good heavens! I finished the first book in the trilogy and have started the second book. His writing is good, I'm enjoying the book.

Hmmm, I thought I had blogged about this already. I've certainly said plenty about it! There are plenty of well-reasoned things on the internet regarding the author, the book and the movie. If you have received one of the emails warning you that it will destroy your child's faith or some other such dreadful thing - toss the email. If you care about what I think about it - ask me, I'm glad to share information.

This morning, something in Beth Moore's blog triggered my mind to begin processing on some things. I'm hoping to do some thinking and writing about it later on today. If I don't get it done - well, that's because I found other things to process on (bad Diane).

No comments: