Sunday, June 01, 2008

Two Shall be One

Max left yesterday morning before I was even awake for Kansas City with his friend, Leonard. I didn't think too much about it, he was only going to be gone for the weekend. They went to see his favorite team play baseball against the KC Royals. He is such a Cleveland Indians fan, even when they stink ... and they stunk this weekend. They went to the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and were geek boys for a weekend.

I woke up late and did a lot of writing yesterday. It was a good day. But, this morning I got up to go to church and everything was 'off.' I didn't have donuts for the praise team - Max gets those, he wasn't there in the front pew enjoying praise and worship. I was just 'off.'

I don't know how couples handle one of the spouses traveling on a regular basis. I pretty much melt down! I suppose for some - it's good that they aren't together all the time, but for me - not so good. I texted him a few times during the morning - tried to call (his phone was turned off, argh) and decided to sleep the afternoon away.

I finally called Leonard's phone at 6:30 to tell Max to turn on his phone and he told me they were right here and I heard the car horn honk. They came home early! I was so excited I could hardly stand it! 1 1/2 hours later, Max was in bed - completely exhausted. He had a sunburn and had had some gastro-intestinal issues due to bad food, so he needed sleep. I'm ok with him not being in the same room with me ... he's in the house with me.

When he is gone, I do feel like part of me is missing. That 'off' feeling that I have is because one of the favorite parts of my life is not here. It's all better now. He's back.

No comments: