Sunday, September 30, 2007

It Comes to a Close

It's been a good weekend. Yesterday ended well. Max and I reclaimed the living room (don't laugh - you have NO idea!) and then we enjoyed it. He watched football while I ironed and then we both took a long nap. The weather was windy and wonderful and I listened to it roar while I was in the safety of my house.

I worked on my Bible Study last night and got things ready for a friend to lead it while I was at a rehearsal this evening. I stayed up late, enjoying the quiet and then off to church this morning. Lunch with friends, home for a nap and then a joint Canticum Novum / Grace College choir rehearsal. Everything was fabulous and it is early on a Sunday evening and I'm about to relax and finish the weekend.

Random thoughts:

We're such dorks in this house. Max is a huge Cleveland Indians fan (baseball - ). He would love to watch the Cleveland Browns play football, but that will never happen in Omaha (unless he goes to DJ's Dugout - a Browns hangout. He watches Ohio State football (can you tell that he grew up in Ohio?). So, last night the Buckeyes won college ball, today the Indians beat the KC Royals. They're headed to the World Series playoffs - it's a big deal for him! And ... the Browns won again today, they don't really suck! Me? I enjoy Nascar, too. So ... the weekends are spent listening to or watching sports.

I love Kettle potato chips. And the best chips in the world are the ones that are folded in half or in multiple folds. Now, how sad is it that I have actually identified this! Carol, mom and I used to fight over the folded chips. Oh, and while I'm at it. I love eating pizza that was baked as a round pie, and then cut in squares, rather than triangles. Because, I love the corners - all that crust! Yum! I have to fight Fran for those. It's a good thing our husbands have learned that they don't get to eat the corners. Oh yea, and that reminds me. I like cake better than frosting, unless it's my cream cheese frosting, but even still - I prefer the cake. And I like cupcakes better than cake, because I don't have to worry about what size piece I might be taking - it's a single serving!

I'm an addict for stuffed animals. Really, it's just plain stupid. I have finally admitted that I buy the things for me and not for some random non-existent child. And I remember when I finally got past the point of having to have a child with me to go to a "kids" movie. That was such a good feeling.

I have a love/hate relationship with the telephone. I hate the stupid thing, but love having access to my family and friends. I would prefer that it never ever ring. In fact, I'm starting to shudder at all of my ring tones. How pathetic is this? Yesterday I finally turned it to 'silent' so that I could ignore it and not even think about it.

There ... that's enough random stuff floating around in my head. It's time to stop and go to bed. Oh, and SCRUBS is on right now - talk about random! I love the show.

2 comments:

Jacqniel said...

Wow, I take a blogging break and you are a super prolific blogger babe! I enjoyed catching up - I do so love your mind!
Love ya! Jacque

Diane Muir said...

Prolific blogger babe - well, that's a new one! (hehe)