Friday, November 30, 2007

Another week ... bye bye!

I was glad to reach 5:30 this evening. I haven't done nearly enough this week, but I seemed to be busy all of the time. Oh well, sigh ...

Max and I met Fran and Leonard for dinner at Mama's. I do love that pizza. Oh, and the onion rings are pretty fantastic, too. It was just nice to sit, relax and chat. The only bad thing about it is that they have televisions all over the walls and with a lack of good sports, CNN was on and I was totally distracted by the headlines. Ok, the headline. And honestly ... I don't really even care about it! I hate that I'm so easily distracted by media.

Max spent the day with his friend, Dave. They played the Wii and then went wandering around stores like CostCo, Nebraska Furniture Mart ... oh, and yes, the newly renovated Rockbrook Center. WHAT? Max? Are you kidding me? My husband spent nearly 4 hours wandering around stores with no firm purpose, other than to be looking. Just looking! This is enough to blow a poor wife's mind. I never know what he's going to come up with next to mess with me. But, I wasn't expecting that!

So ... what is tomorrow going to bring. I either have a dress rehearsal at noon for a Christmas concert on Sunday night, or I'm going to be hiding in my house because of too much ice on the roads. Oh yea! If you would like to hear some good Christmas music, Canticum Novum is having it's Christmas Concert at 7:00 pm Sunday at First Presbyterian Church (34th & Farnam). I'd love to see you there!

Oh dear, I'm having a lot of random thoughts - and I'm afraid to post them all in this blog - you'll think I'm nuts! Oh well ... I am.

One of my favorite sites is boingboing.net. Here are some random things from that site in the last few days:

Amazon.com sells uranium ore online.

Every Rolling Stone issue on one DVD (1967 - 2007).

Collector asks for your 1968 pennies.

Text to find nearest public toilet in UK.

Christmas Tree made from books.

You see ... I like the weird and the odd. I can't help it. I thought it was hereditary, but I've discovered that it might also be my environment. I live with Max. If you don't get it ... you need to spend more time with him.

Oh ... funny comment from Max this morning. He tried to convince Cody and me (I've lived with him for nearly 14 years) that he was a Type A personality. I'd really like to hear from you if you agree with him. Good heavenly days! That about sent me to the floor laughing. He was a little offended by our looks of query at each other. I still don't understand what possessed him to believe that about himself, but ... ok, whatever!

So, ice storm or not? Will the meterologists in Omaha get the first winter storm correct, or is it going to be one more screwup? Ah ha ... only time will tell.

No comments: