Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fruit Loops

For breakfast. Really ... could it get any better? Ok, it could get better. I could be eating these at 10 am this morning (having slept for 3 more hours) rather than at 7:30 at my desk. I've already gotten several tasks completed and then remembered that I had breakfast here. Whee! I don't know that I've eaten fruit loops for many years. Oh ... Julie shared some dry cereal with me one day ... Josh had brought it and didn't eat it.

(hmmmm ... well, that's going to make for an interesting day ... I just dumped milk all over myself. It's cold and wet. Which brings to mind another story - about milk, not 'cold and wet'. But, oh ... I could go to a story with that as well!)

Anyway. Fruit Loops. Introduced to the world in 1963. Wow, I do remember them as a child. They were a treat. We didn't get them very often, but we did enjoy them. And what a great smell! Open a box of fruit loops and it just pops out at you!

Alright, what's up with the 'never correct' milk to cereal ratio? I've never had a bowl of cereal where it worked out correctly in the end. No matter how hard I tried, I've never made it work. There's always too much milk left over. Oh well, sigh ...

And as for the other milk story. Never, NEVER ignore a milk spill. They must be cleaned up at all costs. I'm sure that you've smelled sour milk. If not, leave a carton in the refrigerator for several weeks past it's due date and open it. Yikes! When we were young in the printing business, we purchased a light table from friends. They warned us that a cup of coffee with cream had been spilled into the inner guts of the table. A light table - think of those light boxes they use to read x-rays - now, make it horizonal and much bigger. Well ... they had cleaned it up as best as they could, but there were cracks and crevices where the coffee obviously had traveled and they couldn't reach.

Every once in awhile, we would get a whiff of realllllly bad soured milk. Even after 20 years, you could still smell that awful stuff. So ... clean up a milk spill, the smell never goes away.

Well ... that's random thoughts for a Wednesday morning! Honestly, I need a nap.

No comments: