Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Good weekend

I spent time at home with Max this weekend. We didn't do too much. Sunday was a bit insane, but other than that, we just spent time hanging out together. We got up late, on Saturday (and Monday), we curled up on the couch and napped together (two humans, a dog and a cat on a couch, it's hilarious), we watched movies, we played games. It was good.

For the last several months it has occurred to me that my time with him is limited. Ok ... limited in a 20-30 year limitation, but limited all the same. I enjoy being with Max! I didn't find him until we were in our mid 30s and I just don't want to miss out on time spent with him. Maybe this is a reaction to all of the death that has occurred in my life this last year. I suppose it could be. But, when I think about how fortunate I am to be married to Max, I realize that I don't want to miss out on the good stuff with him.

I spend most of my week away from him. We have very limited amounts of time together during the week. With my schedule and the fact that we have to be asleep at ungodly early hours, we might have an hour or two during the weekdays to actually speak to each other about things.

People think I'm nuts because I don't make an effort to travel without him or do things without him, because I do make an effort to just be at home with him. If they want to think me crazy, I'm cool with that.

Oh, I know that one of these days he will do or say something that totally sends me over the edge and I'll want to do nothing more than string him up by his toes. But I also know that my anger will subside and I'll get past it.

I spend time asking God to help me love him more and more all the time and it seems to be working. I'm awfully thankful for this goofball that is in my life. I'm a fortunate woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your wonderful example of waht marraige should be -- it gives something to strive for! Sometimes we just have to stop the busyness and make time for one another.
Love ya,
Julie