Thursday, February 28, 2008

Normal? HAH!

There's no such thing - even though I might want to believe it about myself.

Alright, I've been yearning for tater tot casserole. I went to the grocery store and bought stuff for that and some other things. Now, maybe you don't understand what a big deal this is! I haven't cooked in ... well ... hmmm ... a long time. And I've started desiring to cook again. That's a very good thing in my world. In Max's world, too. He loves it when I cook, but never complains when I don't. How's that for a terrific husband?

Anyway ... I went to the grocery store, bought food, came home, talked to Max for a few minutes (and snuggled with the animals), then went back to the kitchen to work on dinner. Alas, I had completely forgotten to purchase tater tots. Excuse me? The title of the recipe should imply something. But, that's where distractions and old age sock you in the teeth. You forget the main ingredient.

Fortunately, I had purchased enough other stuff to cook dinner anyway. I'll pick up the tater tots tonight. Sheesh.

So ... normal? Not so much.

No comments: