Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Random Thoughts

So, yes ... the previous blog was completely random. But, I was glad when the milk finally dried on my shirt. Sheesh ... I hate being a klutz!

It was actually a very busy day today. I guess I'm glad for them, but I do get worn out. I ended up working until 6:30 this evening. Now, you tell me what it is going to be like working an 11 1/2 hour day. Sheesh! I'm a little pooped. I should be crawling into bed right now, but here I am ... typing. As if I didn't spend enough time in front of the screen today.

Alison sent me a video link. It's gotten to the major news sites, so you might have seen it. A quadriplegic being dumped out of his wheelchair by a deputy in a police station. Don't you just love knowing that idiots are out there running our world?

If you have a few minutes, you have to check out this site. Lori Nix makes these amazing tabletop sets and then photographs them. I'm in love with this stuff. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that I've always been fascinated with model railroad panoramas. I wanted to build them, but was never in a place where we had space. Ok, and I couldn't afford it all at the same time either. So ... at this point in my life, I have to simply enjoy other people's exhibits. I used to drag my poor nephew to a train cemetery in Golden, Colorado. We would traipse through the cars they were restoring and then spend time (and quarters) in front of these fabulous model train exhibits. He was good to his aunt.

I hope most of you know that I love Spongebob Squarepants. Cracks me up! Well, anyway ... this video is a riot. The actors who voice the cartoon re-voiced scenes from three classic movies (Casablanca, The Godfather and Singing in the Rain).

The writer's strike is over. Now, while I shouldn't be paying that much attention to the gossip out of Hollywood or even watching that much television, this has been really annoying in my world. For the first time in many years, there are some excellent shows on television. I'm totally addicted to Lost. And this article says I'm going to get some more episodes this year! Hello! I'm a bit excited about this!

I love sci fi art. This site has some ideas for space settlements. Now, that just makes me happy. Somebody buy me the calendar when it comes out? ok. .. just let Max know about it

Alright - that's enough random stuff for tonight, I need sleep!

No comments: