Thursday, November 22, 2007

Fun Evening

Ok, here's another commercial.

This evening Carol, Max and I met up with Cody and his wife at a bar. We actually went to hear the band "Thousand Houses" play. Mitch Towne and Anthony King play in the band and also play in our praise band at Faith-Westwood. (no, that's not a link to the praise band ... hmmm ... we should fix that!)

What amazing music! I do tend to get totally wrapped up in the music. I actually get a bit annoyed when people try to talk to me. I love watching good musicians do their thing. And this band is made up of some of the best musicians in Omaha.

Now to be honest, I think that our praise band at Faith-Westwood is made up of some of the most amazing musicians I've ever made music with. But, if I have to go to a bar to hear a great band, this is the band I want to be listening to. These guys play well ... really well and they write some awesome stuff! Matt Banta and Mitch really are anchoring this band - and they've been around the Omaha music scene for a long time.

I'm home now ... I smell like smoke and strange cologne (yikes?). I should be heading for bed - Carol will want me to jabber with her tomorrow on the drive down to Firth.

It's been a good evening - couldn't be much better! Friends and great music. Diane doesn't require much more than that!

No comments: