Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday afternoon

This has been a weird day. I hadn't planned on being in worship this morning (heathen that I am, I was planning to sleep in), but on Wednesday, Jennie asked me to be there and be responsible for things. I can do that. So, I got here early for worship and booked out of here after 2nd service got started.

Home for a quick nap and back here for Jacque's funeral. Jacque had asked for Jennie to sing and me to accompany her on Chris Rice's "Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus)", but since Jen is in NYC for the weekend, I just sang and played for myself. Which really stressed me out. I have enough dry throat going on that my voice isn't where I like it to be. So ... I just told God that He was going to have to do this one and of course it went fine. That was a tough funeral. When death comes to someone so young and so vital, it's hard to deal with. I couldn't look at the family, heck I could barely listen to Doug preach, I simply didn't want to be a sobbing mess by the time I had to sing.

But, this part of the grieving is over and now that the shock is over ... deep grieving will begin. I remember Dad pretty much went into seclusion for 6 months after mom was gone. He spent hours in his room listening to Sandi Patty's CDs. Her music took him through all of it. I'm grateful for that. Mom's been gone for 20 years now and sometimes I still completely fall apart because I miss her. Sadness is not a terrible thing until it consumes you.

Max and I went to Red Robin after the funeral and now we're back at church waiting for Disciple I class to begin (6:30). It will be good to get home tonight and relax again. I know, I know ... I had plenty of relaxation over the last few days, but hey! I can always use more.

This is a weird year. Thanksgiving is over and Advent doesn't begin until next Sunday. So ... this week will be a good week to get prepared for a season of preparation.

Are you ready? He is coming!

4 comments:

Di said...

Diane,
I wanted to thank you for your beautiful song today at Jacque's funeral. It was Heaven sent for sure. You did an amazing job! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I know how very much Jacque respected you and loved to learn from you. I have enjoyed your blog many times myself.
Thank you again for your gift that you shared. hugs, di

Diane Muir said...

Di ...

Thanks for your words. Are you the same Diane that Jacque did the Craft home show business with years ago? Because ... you guys were in our print shop (Insty-Prints) all the time, Carol and I had you into our home to do a show and I still have things on my walls that remind me of the two of you. And if you're not ... whoops!

If you are - send me your email sometime ... I'd love to be able to check on you all ...

Di said...

Yes, I am the one from Heartwarmers and I remember both you and your sister from the Print Shop! My e-mail address is:
sdck4@hotmail.com I'd love to hear from you.
di

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Diane,
I too enjoyed your musical talent at Jacque's funeral. I recognized your name from responses that you posted and wanted to let you know that you did a wonderful job. Peace be with you from Florida...
Stacey