Thursday, November 29, 2007

Petty Annoyances - TMI

Just a warning - this may be too much information for some of you (Cody).

Today has been a GOOD DAY! Now, while many of you may not think these things are important, I do. You see, I have a really high tolerance level for annoying things. When I started working at Faith-Westwood, the chair that was in my office was pretty much broken. But, it wasn't all that bad, and I knew that I could live with it, I just needed to adjust how I sat down and had to be careful about leaning backwards (too fast and I'd be tipped over). It was no big deal ... but, was it perfect? Nope. Not at all. I just tolerated it. The last month or so, it has gotten worse and I could feel that I was sitting 'high center' on the post that holds the chair up. I had to be very careful or I would simply head off the side. The other thing that was a little annoying was that it had been so broken, I couldn't raise the chair up at all. Oh, I could raise it, but within 30 seconds of being seated, it flew right back down to the base of the chair.

Well, today it totally broke - and I nearly fell off the front of the chair. WHEW! You know what that meant? I was done tolerating a practically broken chair. I had no other option but to be done with it. Now ... I have a perfectly great chair. Yea!!!

While I'm on the subject of sitting ... (here's where the too much information comes in), my toilet seat at home has been broken for about a month. Not just a little broken, but pretty much destroyed. The hinges holding the top to the bottom were broken, it was no longer holding on to the toilet ... oh my, it was in bad shape. But, I was tolerating it because I simply didn't have time to get to Target and buy a new toilet seat. The last few mornings have been more than annoying. The worst thing? I spend a lot of time thinking in the bathroom. It's the quietest place at home and at work. So, I don't necessarily like to hurry. But, I wasn't enjoying any of my home-time potty breaks and so ... no thinking in the bathroom.

Max doesn't use this bathroom very often (it only has a toilet - no sink, no shower ... it's a weird house), it's just mine. So, he wasn't annoyed by the situation.

However! This morning he told me that he was going to Target to get some new shirts for his new job (tech support at Omaha Public Schools - he'll be working at 6 elementary schools on their computers - don't know which ones, don't know much yet - but I'll tell you when I do). As soon as I heard that he was heading to Target, my mind immediately reminded me that I wasn't having any peace about sitting on the toilet. "Max! Could you pick up a toilet seat for me as well?"

When I got home tonight and dashed in the back door for the bathroom, I was immediately greeted by a brand new toilet seat. Leica dashed in behind me (she requires a hug from mom before she can go outside) and I had to tell her how happy I was with my new toilet seat!

So ... this girl is sitting pretty this evening! There are no more 'sitting' annoyances in my world. I'm not sure what I'm going to do having these removed from me. You see, it's just not that difficult to make me happy ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you that you are now sitting pretty. Your blog made me giggle tonight!
Love ya,
ap