Sunday, July 04, 2010

Yes, I obsess over trash

You have to know that garbage is the bane of my existence.  During the first ... many ... years of our marriage, I could not get Max to take it out of the house on a regular basis.  It was one of those things we had agreed to and it wasn't happening.  I didn't want to nag, I didn't want to do it to try to prove a point.  I just wanted it to go away.  Once I toss something in a trash bag, I want it to be *poof* gone from my life.

Now, he's gotten pretty obsessive about removing the trash/garbage from our house.  It's funny.  Trash bags don't get packed full before he is hauling them out of the house.  It's a nice feeling.  There really isn't much better than an empty trash can for me.

The nicest thing is that every Tuesday morning, the city drives by, picks up all of our trash from the week and even those cans get emptied,.

Here at the cabin it is a little different.  When it's just me, I can generally go a couple of weeks before I have to decide what to do with the trash.  When I left here Saturday morning, I fully intended to take a bag of trash with me and dispose of it.  In the craziness that happened as I left, I forgot it.  Doggone it.  Between Saturday and Sunday morning, though ... two more bags were filled.  I have no idea how that happened!  Well, I left my sister and a couple of friends here, but it was only for 24 hours!  Plus, there will be bags of recyclables going home with me as well. 

I did tell her not to worry about it, I will take care of it.  The purpose of this blog is to actually laugh at me because I'm obsessing about the stupid trash.  I'm betting that before the end of the week, I've found a way to deal with these three stupid bags of trash. 

Carol - I don't want you to worry about this, I'm glad to have to deal with the trash since you guys did so much great work here this weekend.  I wish I weren't so stupidly obsessive over the weirdest things though.  A bag (or two or three) of trash can sit out on the porch until I can deal with it (them).  But, it certainly would be nice if someone else just took it away for me. 

Trash is such a great metaphor for all our problems, isn't it?  Or maybe it's a metaphor for the way we would like to have our problems dealt with.  Yah ... that's better.  Drop them all in a plastic bag, tie the top up so you can't see them anymore, drop them in a barrel for someone to haul away and dump where no one will ever want to look at them again.  It's just no good when they sit around and haunt you, though. 

No comments: