Sunday, March 16, 2008

All better

I do believe that I've slept through a large percentage of the weekend. But, I feel great. I still have a bunch of garbage in my chest and my voice is at about 30%, but hey, sometimes it just takes time to get through it. Fortunately I don't have to be a part of worship leadership for 2 more weeks, so I have some more time to get this voice back to a sense of normalcy. Whee!!

I missed my favorite band last night. Thousand Houses was playing but I just didn't dare stay out late on a Saturday night when I had to be at church so early this morning. Goodness, but I'm old! But, worship was great and I'm always thankful to be part of a worship experience that invites God into our midst.

Tonight was Disciple I Bible study. Much as I love going through the Bible, I'll be glad when this is over. I'm not up for scheduling an entire year of Sunday night activity. Gracious! We talked about Acts this evening. So much great stuff in that book. The beginnings of the church.

Now I have to start reading the book of Romans. This is one of the most difficult books for me. Paul just unloads. The depth of the book is incredible and requires more than just a one week read. That's all I'm going to get, though, so I guess it would be a good idea to get started. We'll see what I come up with.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week. A week that forces me to watch Jesus walking towards the death that redeemed a world. I'm more grateful than I can ever articulate, but I hate having to watch this week progress. I'm just not worth it. I'm glad He believes differently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.