Friday, March 14, 2008

Teamwork

Ok ... so, sometimes it takes an incredible team of people to get things done. In my world ... it's the easy things that require a team.

The clock in our office died this week. Well, the batteries died. All that was required was for us to bring the clock down, replace the batteries and then put the clock back up.

We noticed it on Tuesday. And then recognized our problem:
#1 - I'm too short to reach the clock.
#2 - Cody was too lazy to crawl in behind me and reach the clock.

It stayed dead.

Wednesday. Someone else recognized our problem, but we admitted the reality:
#1 - I'm too short
#2 - Cody is too lazy.

Thursday. Jennie was in the office and we repeated our conundrum. She dragged a chair over and pulled the clock down. Hmm ... now I'm going to have to do something about this. But, the batteries were in the work room and there were people in there I didn't want to bother, so I set the clock aside.

Friday. I tried to go in and get the batteries, but I got sidetracked. By the time I sat back down at my desk, the clock was taunting me. I got up and went to get the batteries.

Upon replacing the batteries, I realized that I didn't have instructions for re-setting the clock. It's an Atomic Clock, so it should set automatically. But ... I did have to figure out how to set the time zone. No instructions. Craig said that he had a clock like that at home, but couldn't help me - the team was failing me. I finally went online - read through them, figured out how to set the time zone and voila. The clock works.

Cody put the clock on the wall.

It's all a matter of teamwork.

No comments: