Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Fleeting moments of the weekend

It's approaching 11 pm and it's time for bed. I've had my weekend and now I must return to some sense of normalcy. I see these weekends as short retreats from the world. Max and I hide in our haven ... our home ... and recharge so that we can enter the world again. I can't imagine having to be busy every single day of the week. So, I'm thankful for the respite.

I've done a lot of cooking these last few days and I do enjoy it. I've read a couple of novels, discovered a bunch of old television shows - remember "Nanny and the Professor?" If you don't, you are too young. How about the old S.W.A.T.? Again, you're too young. I watched the pilot episode for "Bewitched." Wow, Elizabeth Montgomery was beautiful!

You'll see that I've put "The Daily Puppy" in the sidebar of my blog. Gracious me, but those pups are addicting! And there are a couple of dachshunds that have shown up in the last few days. ARGH! They break my heart, they're so adorable.

Here's a sweet thing: I overheard Max talking to his older brother on the phone yesterday. He was upstairs and I wasn't really paying too much attention, but I heard him say Leica's name. When he came down, I asked him what he was telling Buck. "Oh, I was just telling him how much she loved me." Ahhhh ... adorable (or adorkable). Isn't it wonderful to see what an animal can do for a person? She is absolutely my dog. She will follow me anywhere. But, she loves him so much and this makes him feel great. I'm awfully glad to have her around.

When you pray ... do you have a long list of people and things to pray for or do you ask God who He would like you to be interceding for? I've been spending a lot of time lately asking God how He wants me to pray. It occurs to me that the time I spend with Him is not only precious to me, but to Him and since He is the Creator of the World, I should probably ask what it is that He thinks is most important. This is certainly changing my attitude about prayer.

No comments: