Monday, March 24, 2008

Jello

Ok ... for those of you who don't know, my husband is deathly afraid of jello. His attitude is 'there is no food that should move like that.' He's probably right. He tells me that from a very early age, he has had this unnatural fear of jello. His mother would bring jello out in front of guests to watch him react. Hey! Everyone messes with their kids, right? Well, poor Max would cry.

The problem is, I love jello. I always have. There is no more fun sensation that sliding that stuff through your teeth, eh? I'm not a HUGE fan of weird things in my jello, but I can work around it. Orange slices always seemed wrong in lime jello, but honestly, everything seemed wrong in lime jello. The best jello is simply that ... jello alone.

Now, because Max has such a visceral reaction to jello, I saw no reason to make it. In our 14 years of marriage, I have probably only made it a couple of times. But, today, I opened the cupboard and saw a box of grape jello in there and couldn't resist.

Max has gone upstairs to take a shower and the jello has set. Glorious! He doesn't have to watch me eat it, I can stick my spoon in the bowl without worrying that I have to share it with anyone and I can slurp and slide it around in my mouth all by myself! Sometimes 25 cents can give you the greatest pleasure! There's going to have to be more jello in my world, I can tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that is just wrong on SOOO many levels! I have to side with Max on this one -- Jello is not fit to eat! It is a hoax that people bought into. Think conspiracy....hee hee
ap