Thursday, March 20, 2008

Just say SOMETHING!

Ok, one of my favorite quotes comes from Matt Hill. When directing a piece of music and you come to a note that lasts longer than 1/4 note, what should the singers do. Well, many directors will get specific and ask you to crescendo (get louder) or decrescendo (get softer). Matt's direction is to 'do something!' Just make what could be a very boring note ... interesting.

So, tonight as I realize that I have had nothing interesting to say in quite a long while and could easily have just put myself to bed, I decided to take his advice and simply say 'something.'

You see, not much new has been happening in my world. And what does happen is either so completely boring that I would waste brain power just thinking about it again, finger power typing it out and your time if I force you to read it. The other stuff that has been happening is really of no consequence to anyone but myself and I can't even process it enough to put it into words.

That hit me today in staff meeting. We were to answer the question, "How have you encountered God since the last time we met?" I realized that I could have cheated and said a lot of things and yes, God has been doing a lot of things, but what God HAS been doing in my life is causing me to process on my life and right now I'm not at a place where I just want to share it all openly.

You see, I have a tendency to blurt out everything that is happening in my brain and around me. There aren't too many secrets about me. But, God has been working on me to keep my flipping mouth shut and just learn from Him right now. I don't need to tell everyone what He and I are talking about because ... well, I don't know why. But, I do know that as I've been starting discussions about things in my brain, amazingly enough, distractions occur and the conversation ends rather abruptly. Of course, this is after I have been told by God to be quiet about it. So ... I'm guessing that obedience is the best bet. And you all know that as soon as I have it all processed out and God releases me, I'll be blabbing like a crazed woman.

So, in case anyone is worried, God and I are having a lot of conversations, just not public ones.

And as for the rest of my life, well, right now it's pretty much: get up in the morning, go to work, come home, take a nap, make dinner, go to bed; repeat 4 x, WEEKEND; repeat. Don't get me wrong, I love my job - but I have no other life happening ... so, I'm boring. Maybe over the weekend I'll get enough sleep to decide that I'm not quite so boring and I'll let you in on it.

No comments: