Monday, March 24, 2008

Almost over

I've had an incredibly long, wonderful weekend. It's fun not being at work and not feeling guilty about it. You know, I spent 20+ years at Insty-Prints feeling terribly responsible for all that went on there. I had to be there every day. I don't think I ever took a sick day and I rarely took vacation. It was just too stressful to be away from that place. I treasured every holiday that happened and prayed for snow days so we could just shut the place down.

I'm still not able to move past the idea that I'm not in charge, that I don't have to do everything or keep watch over everything so that it maintains a certain momentum. Max and I are actually trying to plan some vacation time this year - a chance to go somewhere and not worry about what is happening back at my place of work.

However, days like today are still treasures. A day off with no responsibility. A day just for me to hang out. Max had to be at work, so the house was really quiet. Well, not so much quiet. Goodness, but there was quite a breeze blowing outside - but still, a good day.

I've been reading Romans this week for Disciple I. This is almost too much information for me to grasp. How fortunate we are to be called children of God. As I reflect on the Resurrection, I realize over and over just what has been done for me. I'm a Gentile. Until that moment, few Gentiles were going to be accepted into the Kingdom of God. Without the work of the cross, I might never have been exposed to the Creator in such a way as to bring me to Himself.

When Jesus sent His disciples to the ends of the earth, He sent them to me. This is not something for me to take for granted. This is something for which I am eternally grateful.

No comments: