Monday, March 03, 2008

I'm so sorry you're sick

How do you tell your husband that you love him very much and you're so sorry he doesn't feel well, but, YEA! I get the car tomorrow and don't have to be at work at 7:00 in the morning. Yippee skippee, yippee skippee!!! This is awfully exciting.

Oh wait, I'm supposed to be terribly chagrined that my poor husband is feeling so badly. Awww ... poor Max.

But, YEA, YEA, YEA, YEA, YEA!!!

You have NO idea how much I treasure that extra hour and a half in the morning. I wasn't trying to drop my head into my hands to sleep during the day, I wasn't yawning all through the day. It was just plain awesome. Soon ... soon ... soon.


We watched another episode of S.W.A.T. this evening. The television series from the 70s - not the movie. Good looking men being macho. They had great cars, great haircuts (hehe), and looked good in those clothes. Yup ... I'm a girl of the 70s!





Robert Uhrich was so hot. Maybe you remember him in Vega$, or maybe in Spenser for Hire.


Then I watched an episode of Starsky and Hutch. Again, the television series from the 70s. Not the lousy movie. More good looking men being macho. Those were great years! And they didn't take themselves too seriously. It's the Han Solo effect. A swashbuckling hero with a sense of humor.
So, I do have to admit to an addiction for 70s / 80s television. But, doggone it, television was fun! CSI is good stuff, Law and Order - excellent acting, LOST is wonderful. I could go on and on. But, tv when I was young? What a riot! It was just plain fun.
Yes, I promise I will get past these posts. And on to something more profound one of these days.

No comments: