Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Think About You!

Every day as I prepare to write a blog post, I think about what you would like to read.  I've heard from many different people who have read these posts and so it is you that I picture in my mind as I write.  There are otehrs that I've never heard from and believe it or not, I think about you as well.

Some days you're going to get my stories.  Because that's what we would do if we sat down for an evening of coffee (I don't drink the stuff, but I can always find something to drink in a coffee shop) and chatter.  I really prefer to be able to ask you to tell me your stories as well, but in this forum, I don't get that chance, so I just share my own, hoping that you will get a chuckle or maybe even connect with some crazy thing I've done in my past.  I like making connections with people.

There are so many things I'd like to say to encourage you as you read these blog posts, but I don't dare preach at you because until I know you a little better, I don't feel I've earned that right.  But at the same time, sometimes I hear and observe so much from my friends and I know that how you handle some of the things you are struggling with would actually help someone else who reads this.  But, I steer pretty clear of those things because I want you to know that I honor our friendship and this blog is way too public. 

It is important to me that you find joy and satisfaction in your life, that you understand how important you are to me and to many others.  You encounter so many different people during your day in many different ways and your words and actions are important to them.  They watch you to feel affirmed or needed, whether you realize it or not.

There are so many different images of people going through my mind right now and whether I've known you for a lifetime, a few short years in the past, the last few years or just the last few months, you impact my life. 

Do any of you remember Romper Room?  At the end of the show, Miss Nancy would look through her magic mirror and say, "I see Cindy and Mary and Jill and Amy and Diane and Bobby and David ...."  Every show I would hope to hear her say my name. 

I hope all my friends at home had a special day yesterday and today and will have a special day tomorrow!!

This isn't Miss Nancy, but it is the Magic Mirror!

2 comments:

Higgiq said...

My husband says he would hide behind the furniture when she got out the magic mirror because he didn't want her to see him!

Diane Muir said...

Oh, Lord!!! What if she called his name, I'll bet he'd have been mortified! That's awesome!