Monday, August 18, 2008

Glee

The researcher in me just had a bit of an out-of-body experience. I landed on Lisa Gold's blog. She does a lot of research for writers. Now, her blog is going to just make me high every time she posts.

Today, I decided that getting high meant looking at some of the basic reference websites she uses. I was practically twitching by the time I had two of them bookmarked.

From her blog:
I've spent time on refdesk.com before. It gives me a headache. I've spent time on the Library of Congress site. It's cool. By the time I got to digital-librarian, I had nearly lost my sanity! All of this information! All of this fun!

It didn't help that on a previous post she had pointed me to a thesaurus that sent me into complete apoplexy. Ohhhhhhhh .... it's all over for me now.

2 comments:

T. Edlin said...

If you don't know this site already, you're going to love it! Go to http://www.visuwords.com/. My students (and I... who am I kidding?) love to find the words that make the most connections.

Diane Muir said...

Well, that was just mean. I nearly wet my pants! Stop it! (hehe)