Thursday, September 11, 2008

A little offended

Alright, already! I had a birthday this week. I'm getting older. I get it. I get it!

I get a lot of scripture verses coming into my email account each day.

When this one came in this week, I giggled a little:

(The Lord says,) "Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." (Isaiah 46:4)

But, really, a second one? I mean, I understand when they all start stacking up around the holidays. The various senders want to ensure that I remember it's Christmas or Easter or Mother's Day or Father's Day or Labor Day or whatever day. But, none of these mail bot systems know that it's my birthday! So, when I got the second one, I was a little concerned that someone was trying to tell me something...


The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old. Proverbs 20:29

Yes, that one just popped into my email inbox and I laughed out loud. It's 1:30 am and I'm laughing. Hopefully I didn't just wake Max up. Stupid email inbox. I do not need this abuse.

No comments: