Friday, February 20, 2009

All Better ... for now (+ randomness)

My computer is running smoothly again. Whew! We ran a utility that tracked down bad sectors and recovered information. That thing ran for 32 hours! And it did the job that it was supposed to do and I'm back to a semblance of normal. I also now own an additional 500gb drive. We'll just hold that in reserve. For some reason or other, I'm murder on hard drives.

~~~

Last night I started having a craving for Papa John's pizza. Since it was 3 am, I decided to wait. But, by 12:30 this afternoon, I was eating pizza. Whew! Gotta love delivery. My brother chose to live in rural Nebraska and often complains about not having access to pizza delivery. Like my friend says, "Choices and Consequences." If it weren't for his lousy internet connection out there as well, I would love to live in that area of the world, but I looooo-ooooo-oooove having speedy internet.

~~~

I tried to go to bed early last night. I actually could have fallen asleep pretty quickly, my Kindle was trying to slip out of my hands on numerous occasions, but I could also tell that Max wasn't falling asleep and I know that when I sleep, I snore. It's much more important for him to get sleep at night than it is for me to fall asleep early, so I finally crawled out of bed and sat at my desk and read until I could stand it no longer. Deliberate insomnia is a bad thing. A nap will occur soon.

~~~

It's hard to imagine. 47 years ago today - February 20, 1962. John Glenn was launched into space to become the first American to orbit the earth. The world has changed so much in those 47 years. It's quite exciting and a little frightening.

~~~

I still get excited every single time I find another old friend on Facebook. Sheesh, I'm such a dork.

~~~

Well, it's time for me to go dream about changing the world, or something like that.

No comments: