Friday, February 06, 2009

What am I thinking?

How in the world am I going to memorize and learn an entire language when I have trouble memorizing a few scriptures.

I've told you before that I am following Beth Moore's blog and attempting to memorize scripture with 3000 other women around the world. On the first and fifteenth of the month we are to choose a new passage and begin working on it.

If you have paid attention, I should have three of them memorized at this point. I do. Kinda. Don't hesitate to ask me to repeat them to you. I should be able to do it.

However, don't be surprised if I give you a startled, blank look and begin scrambling for my moleskin. In it, I have hidden the cards with the verses. Not so much hidden as tucked away so that I can practice wherever I am at.

The first one: 1 Cor. 2:2. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

The second one: Isaiah 25:1. O Lord, you are my God. I will exalt you and praise your name for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.

The third one: Jeremiah 15:16. When your words came to me, I ate them. They were my joy and my heart's delight for I bear your name.

There. I did that without looking at the cards. Whew!

No comments: