Saturday, February 28, 2009

Two months in ...

Another month is coming to an end. 2009 is already shaping up to be quite an interesting year!

Max and I have spent more time this month traveling together around the state of Iowa than we have in the last 10 years. It's been awesome. I'm thrilled that he is renewing his passion for photography. There were a few years when the mundane life took over and didn't allow time for art. That's behind us now.

I have started taking online classes. Ok, it's one class. But, it's Greek. I love this! I really, really, really, really love this!

Friends from high school and college are turning up on Facebook and I have reconnected with people I never would have thought to encounter again in my lifetime. This is really exciting for me.

I am really memorizing scripture. For the first time in decades! The last time was when I was in Confirmation class. My fifth verse will post tomorrow on Beth Moore's blog. This is cool for me.

My friends are still my friends. Changes in my life have not necessarily meant that I lose my friends. You see, when I was young and moved away from a community, there was no way for me to maintain contact with my friends and after a few months of mailing letters back and forth, we all drifted apart, moved on and made new friends. I was a little afraid of losing touch with friends I had made while working at Faith-Westwood. And while we aren't spending hours together every day, they are still my friends. That makes my heart very happy.

I have spent more time reading the Bible than I have in years. Much of it has to do with the Pour Out a Blessing blog, but still. Guess what! You can actually have a relationship with Jesus Christ and not go to church every Sunday. Who knew?!

I am thankful for this life I live. For my friends and family, for the abundant blessings that are poured out on me every day. Thank you Lord for bringing this month to a close and for being with me as I anticipate a new month.


No comments: