Sunday, September 16, 2007

My own bed

It is a good thing ... that bed of mine. Ahhh .... We got home this afternoon and I took a nap. It was beautiful. Now, I'm preparing to enjoy a full night's sleep! In my own bed.

I'm leading Disciple I this year. It's going to be a great year. The Sunday night group is pretty terrific. There are close to 20 people participating. Needless to say, small group breakouts are important. I didn't do that this evening and it became quickly obvious to me that only a few people in the group were responding to questions and discussion. So ... I break them up and cause participation to happen. The only thing that I hope happens this year is that this group is able to catch a bit of the passion that I have for the Word of God and that they have some in-depth exposure to the Bible.

I'm also leading Disciple I on Thursdays with a bunch from the staff there. That will be another fun class.

We were talking to some friends this evening about restaurants. Last night at dinner with Max's siblings we were talking about how we spend too much time at chain restaurants and I had to beg forgiveness. We do not have a Bob Evans restaurant here in Omaha. The closest one is in Kansas City. I love that chain! Would it be that difficult to move into the Omaha market? I don't think so. The other place that I always try to stop at when traveling through Iowa is the Machine Shed. Fortunately I don't have to travel so far to eat there. The closest is in Des Moines.

Goodness, what a whiny person I am. And no, I'm not investing in a franchise to bring those to Omaha - I'll never do that again. So ... I'm going to keep whining.

Speaking of whining. My summer of whining about the heat is nearly over! The weather has been absolutely gorgeous around here! In fact, a little chilly! This is fabulous! Fall has arrived.

We still don't know anything new about Max's mother. She's hanging in there for some reason. I guess that's one of the things I love about being a child of God. I discover over and over (like it's new information each time) how perfect His timing really is. If I just allow Him to be God and I act like His child, things go so much better and I feel so content and peaceful about things.

Tonight at Disciple, we discussed "Wonder". What is it about God that is 'wonderful' and 'awesome' to you. Do you look at simple things and recognize the extraordinary creativity of God? Think about those things. ... Good night!

1 comment:

Jacqniel said...

Glad you are home safe and sound! Hopefully you had a great night's sleep and aren't too tired for work today.
You are so right about truly allowing yourself to be a child of God and letting Him be the parent. I will certainly keep that picture in my mind in the coming weeks.
Hugs, Jacque