Saturday, September 29, 2007

When it Stinks Being a Christian

Ok, I started this morning in a foul mood. I was SO excited about finally having a day that I could sleep in. I actually woke up at 5:00 this morning, took the dog out and came back in, turned the television on and watched a stupid movie until 6:30, knowing that I had plenty of time to sleep.

But, alas, it was not to be. Max got up at 8:00 and started moving around. He was gathering the laundry. I just looked at him.

D: What in the h*** are you doing?
M: Laundry.
D: At 8:30 in the morning?
M:
D: Well, damn it. Now, I can't sleep.
M: Sure you can!
D: No, I have to gather up the rest of the laundry.
M: I thought you'd already done that.

I looked around - and could see articles of dirty laundry laying around. He obviously didn't, because he hadn't laid his hands on them and was ready to walk out the freakin' door. He decided it might be time to get the dog outside and away from my wrath. But, THEN he walked back in, picked up the laundry basket and stared at me. Are you kidding me with this?

D: Don't stare at me.
M: I was going to bring back breakfast.
D: I don't want freakin' breakfast at 8:30 on a Saturday morning!

Well, let's just say, that wasn't the best way to start my Saturday, and poor Max knew at that point that his Saturday was going to suck in a big way. Fortunately for him, he was gone long enough that God worked on me a little bit and reminded me that my attitude was actually the problem. See what I mean about being a Christian? I can't even hold a good 'mad' with justification!

So, I've been doing a bit of cleaning - not a lot, but a little bit and I will do some more and then, hopefully I will be able to settle down and do some writing and reading this afternoon while he watches football.

Note to self: On a Friday evening that you are planning to sleep in, be sure to gather laundry AND warn Max not to interrupt your sleep. Oh, and you might want to pray about your attitude today!

No comments: