Friday, September 28, 2007

Weekends are beautiful

This has been a great week. They generally are in my world, but wow am I always thankful for a Friday evening. Especially a Friday evening with nothing going on. I knew that today was going to be a great day, but I had an awful lot of things that needed to be completed.

Consequently, I've discovered a new caffeinated drink! And I believe I may have had a few too many this week. Whoa! Scooters has a Vertigo Smoothie - ummm ... any fruit flavor (my favorite is mango/strawberry). What makes it amazing? Red Bull. Good heavenly days, I'm 48 years old! Am I nuts? I'm afraid so.

See the problem is, I hate coffee. I just really hate it! So, when we hit a Starbucks or Crane Coffee or Scooters, or any other coffee place, I have to be a little extra creative. I love a good Chai. Iced or hot, I love it. And I love some of the teas - but others are a little blechy (my own word). And I love smoothies. Adding Red Bull? oh my goodness! On Wednesday I got one going into work and then we had to stop after lunch for something and I got another! I tried to justify it by saying (to myself and anyone who would listen) that I had to be at church until 8:30 pm for music rehearsals. Yah ... whatever.

The last two mornings as I was driving to work, I tried to talk myself out of stopping. But, I found myself being annoyed because there was no Scooters on the way to work and I then found myself driving out of my way to get to one. Bad Diane!

We'll see what happens through the weekend - there's no reason to find a Scooters. Can I make it without my fix? It's anyone's guess.

But, my drink this morning got me going enough to start plowing through a very long list of tasks. I stopped long enough to have a nice lunch with Amy and Jen - and then I was back at it for the afternoon. It seems that Fridays are my "Remember Insty-Prints" days. I spend a lot of time on Fridays printing, cutting, folding, copying, on and on. I could whine about it, but this IS the reason I was hired into a job that I love. I generally try to have everything ready for the volunteers who come in to help us out. But, things get jammed up and I end up clearing my desk and finishing projects on Fridays.

I've been a vegetable this evening. Watched some television, laid around on the sofa, had Jimmy John's for supper. I haven't actually had a free evening for several weeks. I'm enjoying the heck out of it! And tomorrow? I've got nothing planned. So, I'm going to sleep late and then I'm going to do some writing. Maybe a little cleaning as well ... things tend to pile up when I run from 8:00 am - 10:30 pm day after day.

Max and I watched "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" this evening. At least the last 20 minutes or so. He gets so MAD when they don't get the answers correct! I though he was going to become apopleptic when the man said 'George Washington' to the question: 'Thomas Jefferson died on July 4, 1826. What other president died on the exact same day?' Fortunately the contestant stopped the game before he answered incorrectly. Max is practically screaming at the television set: ADAMS, it's ADAMS!

You know ... I have a lot of friends who scream and yell at their television sets during football games. I have a husband who screams and yells during simplistic game shows! Oh, it's always entertaining around here.

Tonight, I'm going to be thankful for a beautiful breeze flowing through the house, a dog that is always glad to see me - even when she's just been outside going to the bathroom, a husband who is absolutely wonderful and a God who brings me joy - joy that overflows. It's going to be a great night.

No comments: