Monday, September 10, 2007

Too Young ...

Nope, this blog isn't about me. I'm writing a quick one to get it off my mind.

One of my cats is dying right now. He's my orange & white tabby. I was up really late last night, so I slept on the couch. Max came down this morning, woke me up at 7:00. I asked if he was ok and he had to tell me that he found the poor guy stretched out on the floor, not moving. He had voided himself and was lying there. But, the poor thing is still breathing.

This cat is diabetic. It's really difficult to control diabetes in a cat, but we do what we can with insulin. The poor thing has been taking shots from me for over a year. He seemed to be doing pretty well.

Max has put him on a blanket in a tub - we're leaving in a few minutes to go to the vet. I'm just going to put the poor guy to sleep all the way, remove the pain and the stress from his life.

It's going to be a weird morning ...

1 comment:

Jacqniel said...

Poor little kitty. You did the right thing - but it is still hard.