Sunday, September 16, 2007

A quick update - HOME!

We just got home - and I'll officially admit we're nuts. We lay in bed last night - unable to fall asleep. Both of us were worrying about going to sleep when we knew we had to get up early to get on the road. Finally I said, "let's just start driving". Max jumped in the shower and I packed everything up. We were on the road by 1:30 am. I drove and he slept. I 'power-drove' through Ohio and Indiana and stopped when we were at the bottom of the gas tank - Danville, Illinois (border of Indiana and Illinoi). Max woke up, we gassed up and prepared ourselves for another drive. There are weird people out and about at 4:30 in the morning.

I curled up with Leica and a blanket and Max drove us through Illinois. We stopped at the Machine Shed for breakfast in Davenport, gassed up and headed out again. A few rest stops and another driver transition and we're home.

Rose is hanging in there. We have no idea how long she will last, but I'm glad to have Max home in time to prepare for his interview and get things ready to go back to Ohio for the funeral. Southwest has some great prices on flights.

I'm going to crash and burn - then head to church to lead Disciple I tonight and back home to sleep the sleep of the exhausted tonight. I can't wait!

The cat is really glad to see me - and I'm glad to see my bed ...back later!

No comments: