Friday, September 14, 2007

Prayer and Study, Peace and Quiet

While Max is spending time with his family, I've been hanging out here at the hotel. It's a pretty wonderful place. They even have a small garden area. This afternoon I took Leica out to the grassy garden area and discovered the garden with picnic tables and beautiful flowers and trees. I took my Bible and enjoyed the beauty of the day while Leica nosed around and curled up in the sunshine. Glorious!

I'm glad Max got here last night. His mom knew that he had shown up and by the time he got over there this morning, she was fading even more. He and his sister, Kendra, laid hands on her, prayed for her and invited her to move on. Pretty cool, eh? Kendra really needed him to be here for that. Their older sister is pretty emotionally cold. Their older brother has eliminated himself from most of the emotions of the family and while he was pretty broken up while in the room with Max, won't involve himself in the business of death. Kendra has worked with Hospice for many years now, death doesn't freak her out. Death doesn't freak Max out either. So ... the two of them were able to take care of each other this afternoon.

Now I'm just waiting for him to call me or come back to the hotel. His mother is pretty near death - we'll see what happens.

So ... it doesn't take much to make me cry. Why do I say that? Well, my husband laughs at me because I cry at the drop of a hat. In fact, I just cried at an episode of "Monk". Sheesh. I'm glad he's not here to watch that.

What makes you cry?

1 comment:

Jacqniel said...

I hope all is well with you! I also hope that Max can be present when his mom leaves this earth to go home. Hugs and love, Jacque