Wednesday, September 12, 2007

No time to breathe

The last few days have been absolutely nuts. I've been moving through the days so quickly, I barely have time to be nice to my friends! This is not how I like living my life. But, this week, it's my reality.

Max and I are taking off tomorrow morning to head to Ohio. His mother has been placed in hospice care and he has to take the time to head out there to see her. We always have a good time traveling together, so it will be nice to hang out with him.

Getting out of here is the insanity that is my life. Things at church are so overwhelmingly busy that I have a lot of work to do. But, while I have all that work, I have all of these things in the evenings that preclude me staying late to do it. Argh! Now, you might want to tell me I could have planned better, but I'm not taking that . I had planned quite well, to be honest. What I didn't need was everyone else coming up with emergency projects that needed to be done before I left. For heaven's sake, I'm only going to be gone two days! At this point, I'm just going to be glad to get in the car tomorrow morning.

If you'd like, now is the time to look at me and say "Whine, whine, whine!" And you'd be right. What a whiny girl I'm being. I have a great job, I love it and I have time to head out of here to get to a family emergency. At least I have something to whine about!

We did end up putting my cat to sleep Monday morning. Monday was kind of a tough day. Max and I just stared at each other Monday night. The house was a bit emptier. Now, I still have a second cat and a dog, so at least we had small warm beings to love us. In fact, my big, fat, mean, grey cat was pretty odd that evening. He yowled at me when I got home - which is usually a demand for water or food. Those were both full, all he wanted was attention. I sat down at my desk and before I knew it, he was sitting in front of the keyboard trying to nestle into my arms. So, I held him and sobbed for a bit. He's not generally that affectionate, but I think that all of the emotion in the house probably affected him. He's going to have a rough weekend. I'm taking Leica with us to Ohio and he'll be here alone. Carol's coming in to ensure food and water, but she doesn't like him much, so probably won't spend much time with him. I suspect that when I get home, he'll be awfully glad to see me!

Today and tonight will be another insane day for both me and Max. Lots of things to do before we get out of town. I figure I'll rest in the van tomorrow and will sleep in on Friday. Yea!

I'm taking the laptop with me, so hopefully I'll make time to blog!

1 comment:

Jacqniel said...

I'm glad Max gets to go visit his mom. It is hard to be so far away when things aren't going well.
Now I feel bad for your other kitty. I am sure it is confusing for him. Our old kitty use to 'punish' us after we were gone for awhile. She would ignor us and turn her back on us until she couldn't stand it anymore.
Have a safe trip. God speed. Love, Jacque