Saturday, September 22, 2007

Names of God: Preface

I spoke at the 6:00 service at church tonight.  I've done it several times before and I've always cheated.  When I wrote the Revelation study last year, I had to write 10 weekly talks.  So, I re-vamped those to fit a Saturday evening service and used them.  Not too much work, just a little preparation.

That didn't seem right this time, so last week when I was in Ohio, I prayed about what I should speak on tonight and after some soul searching, I realized that "The Names of God" would be a great topic. 

It's been a busy week and I tried all week to get to it.  When Thursday came and I had barely started, I panicked.  But, I also prayed.  I still wasn't compelled to go to my backup stash of talks and knew I was supposed to teach this lesson.  I finally had some time yesterday late afternoon and early this morning. I did finish it and found some fabulous information.

Then, this evening I knew that I needed to be in prayer for what God is going to do tomorrow in worship.  And as I prayed, I realized that knowing these names of God was amazing!  I could call Him by name when requesting His presence!  Oh my goodness, I was weeping by the time I got into the middle of my prayer time.

Everyone should know the names of God and what He is called ... So, as soon as I post this - I'm going to begin posting parts of my talk.  There is some great information there and the sooner you know WHO God is by His name, the sooner you will be able to pray in that name!

Stay tuned - it was a 20 minute talk, there's a lot of information.  But, wow ... it's good stuff.  And honestly, not because I wrote it, but because God revealed Himself to us through the scriptures!  Ready?  Let's go!

No comments: