Monday, June 02, 2008

Dissatisfaction

There is a rumbling in my soul. I don't know what it means yet or where it will take me, but it's there. It's stirring around raising questions about what I am supposed to do. No one can give me answers and there is nothing obvious coming from God. The only thing that is obvious is that He is stirring me up.

The thing I find most interesting is people's reactions to this rumbling. Those with a vested interest in me staying put question my motives and even the stirring. Those who have nothing to gain either way encourage me to explore outside the box.

Am I defined by my position? Am I more or less because of the job that I do? If I allow God to truly guide my life and it looks weird to the world, should I care? What if I disappoint my family and friends? Because things have always been the way that they are, does that mean that is the only way to do things?

And then the obvious questions: am I too old to make big changes? Can I afford to take less money so that I can have the freedom to pursue God?

The final question: what am I waiting for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not WAIT to see/hear where God leads you, girlfriend! Hang on for the ride!!
ap