Sunday, June 15, 2008

Regressing

I have a reality. I stay up all night and sleep during the day. Now that I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel with regards to my work days, my body is already telling me that the best part of the day happens after 8 pm. Last night I was up until 4 am. I really did try to go to bed earlier than that. But, I failed miserably. My poor little brain was awake and had things to say.

I still have commitments that make me get up in the morning - at least for another week, so I refused to give my brain permission to connect with the fingers (typing at a keyboard or writing on a pad). Silly me. I thought I could win! Alas, the brain won and I just didn't sleep.

I find myself regressing to a younger age when I had the freedom and the energy to stay up late. This actually makes me happy. I love it! The house is quiet. I get no phone calls and no one bothers me. The dog and the husband are snuggled under blankets, the only sound is my fingers clicking away on a keyboard, the only light is from my monitor.

When you are up at those odd hours ... check Facebook. I might have it open and we can chat.

No comments: