Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dove Chocolate Inspiration

I must admit to yet another addiction. Dove Chocolate. My dear husband brought home a bag of Dove Chocolate with caramel in the center and ... whoa! Taste sensation! That being said, I also enjoy reading the little inspirations that are printed on the wrappers.

Have you ever ironed out a piece of foil? I remember doing it with gum wrappers when I was younger. Just keep rubbing across it until it is completely smooth. I tend to do the same thing to my Dove wrappers and several weeks ago, I watched my brother do it as well. Hmmm ... it must be another addicting habit.

Tonight, one of the messages in a piece of chocolate was "Find your passion." What is your passion? The second was "Make a list of your dreams."

I thought about those two things for awhile. I'm in the midst of changes in my life. While these changes may seem that they are being directed by outside forces, in reality, my passion and dreams are driving me.

My list of dreams?

1. Spend innumerable hours with God.
2. Learn all I can about His Word.
3. Write down and translate what I can about His Word for others.
4. Discover ways that I can tell the world about my passion for God's Word.

I know that these may seem unreal, but I find that I am more and more passionate about making God's Word easily accessible and understandable to people who have never spent time reading it.

We have been given words from the Creator of the Universe! And yet, we ignore them. We are too busy and then, we find that we are too ignorant of the power that can be found within Scripture.

I've spent many years discovering my passion and dreams. I am finally confident that I am beginning to move within them.

What about you? Have you ever made a list of your dreams? Not your dreams for your children or friends, but dreams for you ... what is your passion? Thank heavens God has given us all different passions and dreams ... this will make for an amazing and exciting world!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a journal I keep my dreams in. Can't wait for them all to come alive!

ps. Came to your blog from FlowerDust! Nice to meet ya!

Diane Muir said...

Nice to meet you too! I've been discovering that there are a lot of people who don't even know what their dreams are.