Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Death

To write a study on death, one must fill one's mind with death.

This is weird.

It's not like this freaks me out or upsets me. It's just weird.

My Kindle is filling with books on death and my Google searches are beginning to unveil some interesting things.

Speaking of online searching. If you are writing or studying for something and want to maintain and organize your work, I've discovered a really good Firefox extension. Check out Zotero. I have several different collections out there - based on long-term searching that I am in the middle of doing. I really like managing my thoughts and research this way.

Anyway ... death. I am finding a lot of fascinating information and thoughts regarding humanity's understanding of death.

I find that it's a lot like childbirth. It happens to everyone - you're born and you die. It's a common factor for all of us. Yet, we are consistently looking to re-invent how childbirth is done and we seem to have learned nothing about death.

I'm very curious as to how this is all going to turn out for me. But, the obsession has begun.

Again, though ... this is weird.

No comments: